Monday, March 28, 2011

Natural Cleaning Remedies

Yesterday I spent almost half the day cleaning the house, which gave me the chance to use all this new Norwex stuff from my moms party. And let me tell you... I am officially in love with their products! The best part about it is that the house didn't smell one bit like nasty cleaning chemicals when I was done. :)

Here's a few non-chemical cleaning tips that I've picked up:

Clean the bathtubs and sinks with baking soda (use it just like you would comet)
(You can also unplug drains by pouring baking soda down them followed by vinegar).

Use Norwex cleaning clothes and polishing clothes for windows. All you need is water and it's much faster, less harmful, and works so much better then Windex.

I also use the Norwex cleaning cloth to wipe down kitchen cabinets, door handles, and anything else that might have germs on them. They have silver in them which works as an antibacterial. And is SOO much better then using bleach or ammonia(which in my opinion does more harm then just leaving it in the first place, ha).

(My mother-in-law gave me this tip, which works wonderfully!) For getting those icky stains out of the arm pits of your white shirts (which it actually caused by deodorant, not your sweat... but gross either way) make a paste using baking soda and hydrogen peroxide. I just use a little scrub brush and scrub it in for a couple minutes and then let it set for 15 minutes before throwing it in the washer. I promise, it actually works!

If you've heard of ANY other natural cleaning remedies, please let me know. I would LOVE to hear about some more!
-Brenna

No comments:

Post a Comment