Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Grapfruit Sorbet

I am seriously the worst blogger ever... Brenna = Slacker! Plus I'm sick again for the second time this fall... lame! I hope everyone had a safe and fun Halloween! I went out of town for Chase's show so I didn't get to do much, but it was still super fun! and the night before I got to go to a Halloween party and we got this crazy pizza (mustard, pineapple, and chicken) and watched Donnie Darko for the first time. 

I love that movie! Chase would say the exact opposite...we seem to have completely different opinions on movies.
 
The other day I finally made sorbet! I love sorbet more then ice cream and I'm obsessed with grapefruit. I found this Grapefruit Sorbet recipe and it was delicious!! (when the ice cream maker would actually work for me...it took a couple batches) here's a link to the video.


Servings: 4
Ingredients:
2 large ruby grapefruits, juiced, or 1 1/2 cups pink grapefruit juice
1 tsp. grapefruit zest (zest before juicing grapefruit)
1/2 cup water
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tbs. vodka
1 tsp. grenadine (optional)

Instructions: Combine the sugar and water in a small saucepan; bring to a boil and stir to dissolve sugar. Cool completely.

Combine the grapefruit juice, zest and sugar/water mixture with the vodka and optional grenadine (for color) in a metal bowl. Chill in the refrigerator or by placing the metal bowl over a larger bowl filled with ice water until 40 degrees.

Pour chilled mixture into container of an ice cream machine and churn until frozen.

Scoop frozen sorbet into a container. Seal and transfer container to freezer for several hours to allow sorbet to firm up. (Sorbet can be kept frozen for up to 3 days.) 

Yummy!
-Brenna

No comments:

Post a Comment