Monday, September 6, 2010

First Quilt Ever

This quilt is definitely not very professional. I've never been taught how to quilt so I just kinda guessed. My Great Grandma painted these butterflies for every month of the year for a quilt for my aunt, but she passed away before she got to finish it. She finished one for my mom that was the same kind of thing, but with birds instead of butterflies. It is from 1980 so the florescent colors are pretty hilarious, but I'm glad that I was the one who was able to finish it for her. :)

Photobucket

This is my favorite butterfly, November.

and the fabric I used for the back...



Overall it was really fun! I'm excited to make more and get better, although I don't know how I could ever get as good as some of those crazy quilters out there. That would take so much time and patience...

-Brenna

No comments:

Post a Comment