Monday, August 15, 2011

PA Trip: Part 2

 After Ohio I could immediately tell the difference of actually being in the East, especially all the old buildings. There were so many to take pictures of, but they weren't exactly turning out going 70 down the interstate... So I mostly just enjoyed them. My parents house is pretty old for our area, but it has nothing on these houses and buildings! They were amazing. I would go on, but I don't think much people are as amazed by old buildings like me lol. West Virginia and Pennsylvania has so much character. Way different them I'm used to. There has been people there for so many years. Everywhere you look is something different.
I love bridges (if you can't tell). I took pics of about 6 of them.
 I couldn't get over the cute little town she lives in. The scenery was so amazing and all the huge farm houses were like... something out of a comercial. Nothing I had ever seen before.
 She showed me some of her school, which happens to be right smack dab in the middle of a graveyard. Super. super weird, but kinda cool at the same time.
 Her whole area is surrounded with Amish people. I was so excited to see them! They are so happy and are really friendly. They wave at anyone passing by and the kids run around with no shoes. Sadly I didn't get any pictures of them because they find it disrespectful for some reason. So the only pic I got was the back of a buggy we passed.
 The last night was really fun. We unpacked and kinda started setting up her room and then we went to this amazing pizza place and brought it back along with Rita's Italian Ice (heavenly!) and we just hung out the rest of the night and watched Plain Jane... one of those show's that are so dumb you can't help but watch and laugh.
 
It was hard to say goodbye, but I had so much fun with my sista'!
My journey ended in Philly... or so I thought. My flight from Phenix to GJ ended up getting delayed so I was stuck in the airport for 6 hours. Which in total, it actually took me almost 20 hours to get home. It was a long day.

I'm so happy I got the chance to see that part of the country, but also glad to be home the next 2 weeks. Being gone made me realize just how much I am going to miss my home and everyone here :( So I am really going to try to enjoy it while i can...

All in all I must say, I love road trips.
And despise flying...

-Brenna

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! I have those plates! well 2 of the big ones, one small one,, and two cups. They are my favorite. :)

    ReplyDelete